Project and UI plans and improvements

Hey guys,
I test the v1.7.0. First of all I check the browser console and I some javascript errors (I will open new topic about this). I love this idea as a project and I wanted to implement something similar. I think the UI is very bad but we can improve it. Some questions for you @kovah

General Questions:
Do you want something similar with Raindrop.io?
Do you have any plan to use SPA?
Do you have any plan to use livewire or InertiaJS?
Do you have any plan to use a javascript framework (vue, react, svelte, alpine, etc)?
Do you have any plan to use a css framework (tailwind, bootstrap (already use), ElementUI, etc)?
Do you need help for UI design or any suggestion?
Do you have any plan about the design?
What help you will need on this project (more general)?
Something you want to avoid on development?

Documentation:
Move the sidebar from the right to the left because is a standard and is harder for users.
Do you have any plan to upload the project on packagist? (more friendly for developers)

UI:
What does mean with lists? (collection is more friendly)
What is enable/disable check button https://prnt.sc/1we5yze (check screenshot).

Features:
Do you have any plan for nested lists/collections?

Hi! Thank you very much for your detailed questions. I’ll try to answer them all. :blush:

Do you want something similar with Raindrop.io?

Raindrop is a good tool, but whatever nice features it has, it is closed source and a commercial product. I built LinkAce to have detailed control over my bookmarks and all data associated with it, and have exactly the features I want.

Do you have any plan to use SPA?
Do you have any plan to use livewire or InertiaJS?
Do you have any plan to use a javascript framework (vue, react, svelte, alpine, etc)?

I’ll answer them all together because they are closely related. There are no plans to introduce any of the frameworks or tools in the near future, especially not to make LinkAce a SPA. I do not see any value in it. However, I made good experiences with Alpine and Livewire and they could be helpful.

Do you have any plan to use a css framework (tailwind, bootstrap (already use), ElementUI, etc)?

Maybe, but not in the near future. LinkAce has a lot of views, elements and pages and I would like to spend my time working on valuable features instead.

Do you need help for UI design or any suggestion?
Do you have any plan about the design?

Yes please! I am not an experienced UI / UX designer and any feedback is valuable.

What help you will need on this project (more general)?

At the moment, real user feedback is the most valuable help. I can only guess which issues others have or which features they would like.

Something you want to avoid on development?

I am not sure if I understand the question. Could you

Move the sidebar from the right to the left because is a standard and is harder for users.

Will do.

Do you have any plan to upload the project on packagist? (more friendly for developers)

Currently not.

What does mean with lists? (collection is more friendly)

Collections or Folders are probably better terms, even if they all mean to group links together. This might change with v2.

What is enable/disable check button Screenshot by Lightshot (check screenshot).

If enables / disables the automated checks performed by LinkAce on a regular base (if set up correctly).

Do you have any plan for nested lists/collections?

Yes. I already thought about this but left if out of version 1 for complexity reasons. Might be a feature for v2.

Thanks for your reply,

1. [Feature] I was thinking if have an installer like laravel-installer for LinkAce to avoid all the hard work for the users. One problem it solve is the way to install and dont need to copy past the docker configs… Two users love simplicity because is time.

2. Documentation and website better solution and easier, lib like vuepress (or vitepress but is alpha)…
    I can do this task…

3. Why dont use github discussions instead?

4. One place for all the linkace projects in github like organization (example name: linkacelab)

Thats for now…

I was thinking if have an installer like laravel-installer for LinkAce to avoid all the hard work for the users.

The install process is indeed a bit fricky. I made it as easy as possible while keeping all supported options available. The laravel-installer package you mentioned looks like the installer I already have so I guess it would be no help. If you have an idea how to solve the different installation paths (from source for shared hosting, simple Docker install, advanced Docker install) within some kind of easy script, please let me know.

Documentation and website better solution and easier, lib like vuepress (or vitepress but is alpha)

Could you explain what issues do you have with the current setup? All docs are available in plain markdown so anybody could contribute easily.

Why dont use github discussions instead?

Because they did not exist when setting up the community forum and I do not want to move everything to Github.

One place for all the linkace projects in github like organization (example name: linkacelab)

What kind of advantage do you see over the current repositories?