General error: 8 attempt to write a readonly database

Description of the Issue
I tried to install linkace on unraid. First by using the builtin mysql-server, then by using my own in docker… i managed to get into the install-script, but then got stuck on error 500 on /setup/account.
So i switched to sqlite, was able to login, but on every link, list, or tag i want to create I get a SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 8 attempt to write a readonly database (SQL: insert into “links” (“is_private”, “title”, “description”, “url”, “user_id”, “icon”, “thumbnail”, “updated_at”, “created_at”) values (0, Google, ?, http://www.google.com, 1, brand.google, ?, 2021-09-30 16:19:19, 2021-09-30 16:19:19)) error.

I tried to chmod 777 the database.sqlite file. I am able to read the file from unraid with sqlite3, where the tables exist and there is a user entry.

Expected behavior
I am not able to enter any data over the web. database is readonly…?

LinkAce setup (please complete the following information):
Linkace version 1.6.4 installed with docker (unraid apps)

Version 6.9.2 2021-04-07

Unraid:

Base distro:

• docker: version 20.10.5
  • fuse3: version 3.10.2
  • nginx: version 1.19.9
  • samba: verson 4.12.14 (CVE-2020-27840 CVE-2020-27840)

Linux kernel:

• version 5.10.28
  • include all CONFIG_NF_* modules
  • oot: realtek r8125: version 9.005.01

Desktop (please complete the following information if applicable):
Win 10 / Chrome 94.0.4606.61

Thanks for your help…
Dave

If a alter the database over sqlite3 on unraid (tried adding a “tag” by hand) it gets immediately shown on the website… so the database file seems to be ok i guess…

What user is the docker image using? but with permission to 777 it should be readable by all…

This looks strange… the Insert statement for the database get’s the values(?,?,?..) while an array with the correct entered values follows… ', array(‘0’,‘www.test.com’,…)

I finally figured it out, that not online the database.sqlite file, but as well the folder it is stored needs to be writable… so after chmod the folder, i was able to start using the tool…

1 Like